JEE Coaching in Nagercoil
JEE – JOINT ENTRANCE EXAMINATION
JEE Main (Joint Entrance Examination) is a top-level Engineering Entrance Exam of India conducted by CBSE Board.
The candidates can get admissions in B.Tech/B.E/B.Arch courses in NITs, IIITs and other engineering institutions through JEE Mains, though IITs offer admission to these courses through JEE Advanced examination.
Candidates who qualify JEE Main Exam will be considered eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination.
|Name of the exam||Joint Entrance Exam (Main)|
|Abbreviated as||JEE Main|
|Examination Type||All India level|
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting authority||Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)|
|JEE Main 2018 Participating Institutes||31 NITs, 20 IIITs and 18 FTIs|
|Selection criteria||Through JoSAA counselling based on candidates’ All India Ranks|
|Examination Mode||Offline, Online|
- JEE Main will be conducted in two papers i.e. Paper-1 for engineering courses (B. E./B.Tech) and Paper-2 for Architecture courses (B. Arch. /B. Planning.)
- Aspirants can opt for either Paper-1 (B. E. /B. Tech.) or Paper-2 (B. Arch. /B. Planning.), or for both the papers as per their preferred programs.
- Applicants can apply for both papers
- Paper I consists of total 90 objective type questions from Chemistry, Physics, & Mathematics.
- Paper 2 consist of total 82 questions from Mathematics, aptitude test and drawing test. Each section contain different amount of questions.
Educational qualification- JEE Main
- The weightage of 12th scores will not be considered for calculating JEE Main All India Rank from 2018.
- As per MHRD official announcement, for applicants to qualify for admissions to IITs/NITs/IIITs and such other CFTIs, they must have obtained minimum of 75% marks in the 12th class examination, or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class exam organized by the respective Boards. For SC/ST category the minimum qualifying marks would be 65% in the 12th class examination.
- Candidates, who want to appear in JEE Main, should have done class 12th or any equivalent qualifying examination either in 2017 or 2018.
- Candidates, pursuing in class 12th or any equivalent qualifying exam in the year 2019, may also apply.
- Candidates should have done 12thor other equivalent qualifying examination with minimum five subjects.
Number of exam attempts
Applicants can attempt JEE Main exam 3 times only.